The Dallas Convention and Visitors Bureau will select one artist to create a piece that reflects the city and can be given to a small group of CVB customers who’ve brought large conventions and meetings to town. “The Dallas CVB Artist of the Year” will be chosen by CVB reps and a jury of arts professionals.
The winning artist’s piece will serve as the model for 25 individual pieces. Total budget for the project will be $15,000, and must include design, production and shipping. The artist retains copyright of the piece, which must be made in Dallas County. The piece can be a new creation, or an existing one.
Deadline to submit a piece for consideration is Jan. 15. And all 25 pieces will need to be complete by April 1.
There are lots of other details:
A CALL TO ARTISTS
Dallas Convention & Visitors Bureau (DCVB) Artist of the Year
Sharing the message of Dallas through Art
Description of project:
- The Dallas Convention & Visitors Bureau desires to provide custom, iconic DALLAS gifts to Key DCVB Customers created by members of the Dallas Arts Community
The budget for 25 Key Customer DALLAS Gifts will be $15,000 to include design, production & shipping
- All Artists living in Dallas County are eligible to apply
Additional specifications include:
- Artwork created in Dallas County – must use local vendors to produce
- Artwork delivered to DCVB in final, finished form for judging
- Key Customer Gifts are all signed originals or signed & numbered reproductions
- Copyright & Prototype remains with Artist / DCVB does not require exclusivity for this purpose
- Artists can present either customizable artwork (i.e. a series of photographs) or single option(s)
- Artist responsible to pack and ship finished artwork to Key Customers (selected Artwork will be able to be shipped & insured at a reasonable cost)
Submission Deadline: Friday, January 15, 2015 @ 5pm
Submissions should be delivered to:
Jane R Robertson, Director of Cultural Tourism
Dallas Convention & Visitors Bureau
325 N St Paul Street, Suite 700
Dallas, Texas 75201
[email protected]om / Office 214.571.1354
- Final, finished samples of proposed Key Customer Gifts
- An Artist may submit more than one option
- Artwork may have been newly created for this project or already in existence
- Disclosure – has the piece been sold commercially in the past and if so – at what price?
- Resume / Bio highlighting previous experience
Send Inquiries to: